Anthony Joshua says he’s ready for a rematch against Oleksandr Usyk in February or March next year. Joshua on Sunday lost all four his world heavyweight titles after being beaten in a decisive and outstanding way by Usyk.
When asked on the possibility of invoking the rematch clause, Joshua seemed more than sure of himself, while adding that he’s ready to return immediately to training. He said Sunday’s fight had been a great 12-rounder and that he’s looking forward to picking up where the duo left off.
Joshua seems to be taking heart in Usyk being a lot lighter than him, but still taking a lot of hits. He said he believed the secret to beating Usyk to be hitting him more often, and more concussively so.
But Joshua’s promotor, Eddie Hearn, has admitted that his fighter would need to seriously consider making more than a few “fundamental” changes if he’s to avoid a defeat during the rematch. According to Hearn, he believes the Ukrainian is currently second only to Canelo Alvarez on the world rankings, and that beating him will require a big push and a change from Joshua.
Usyk, too, believes he’ll have to bring his best game if he’s to reign victorious over Joshua in the rematch. He said after Sunday’s brawl that Joshua was a true warrior and a fighter constantly looking for new ways to increase his skills. He said he would love to have next year’s rematch at Kiev’s Olympiyskiy Stadium.
|1||5/5||100% Match up to $250|| Bet now|
|2||4.9/5||100% Match Bonus|| Bet now|
|3||4.8/5||Login to see promotions|| Bet now|